Friday, February 14, 2014

Love ME

I've always found Valentine's Day to be profusely tacky.  It's this random freezing day in the middle of February that not only advertises cheap gifts and over consumption, but also threatens to reek havoc on our already dwindling New Year's diet resolutions.  Despite my growing distaste for the holiday, today I had a bit of an epiphany regarding its true meaning.  Even with all the fluff that goes into the sales and merchandise of V-Day, it provides a wonderful opportunity to appreciate the people in our lives that we easily take for granted.  
So tonight, because I wasn't sent a dozen roses or a hand written card by some gorgeous Calvin Klein model, I won't be going out on a date like the rest of my friends.  Instead, I will be enjoying a little home cooked meal with my parents, celebrating the two people who have always loved me unconditionally.  
Who in your life deserves a little recognition this evening?

No comments:

Post a Comment